ASTM G85 – Standard Practice for Modified Salt Spray (Fog) Testing
This practice covers and sets forth conditions for five modifications in salt spray (fog) testing for specification purposes. These are in chronological order of their development:
- acetic acid-salt spray test, continuous
- cyclic acidified salt spray test
- seawater acidified test, cyclic (SWAAT)
- SO2 salt spray test, cyclic
- dilute electrolyte cyclic fog dry test
acidic salt spray; corrosion; salt spray
ASTM G85 Accredited Laboratory
Applied Testing & Geosciences, LLC is accredited for performing tests using the ASTM G85 standard.
Contact us for more information.