ASTM G48 – Standard Test Methods for Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels and Related Alloys by Use of Ferric Chloride Solution
These test methods cover procedures for the determination of the resistance of stainless steels and related alloys to pitting and crevice corrosion when exposed to oxidizing chloride environments. Six procedures are described:
- Method A – Ferric chloride pitting test.
- Method B – Ferric chloride crevice test.
- Method C – Critical pitting temperature test for nickel-base and chromium-bearing alloys.
- Method D – Critical crevice temperature test for nickel-base and chromium-bearing alloys.
- Method E – Critical pitting temperature test for stainless steels.
- Method F – Critical crevice temperature test for stainless steels.
corrosion resistance; pitting; crevice; stainless steel; ferric chloride solution