ASTM D2395 – Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Wood and Wood-Based Materials
These test methods cover the determination of the density and specific gravity (relative density) of wood and wood-based materials to generally desired degrees of accuracy and for specimens of different sizes, shapes, and moisture content conditions.
The test method title is indicative of the procedures used or the specific area of use:
- Test Method A – Volume by Measurement
- Test Method B – Volume by Water Immersion
- Test Method C – Flotation Tube
- Test Method D – Forstner Bit
- Test Method E – Increment Core
- Test Method F – Chips
- Test Method G – Full-Size Members
chips; density; Forstner bit; full-size members; increment cores; moisture content; small specimens; specific gravity; volume by immersion; volume by measurement
ASTM D2395 Accredited Laboratory
Applied Testing & Geosciences, LLC is accredited for performing tests using the ASTM D2395 standard.
Contact us for more information.