ASTM C494 – Standard Specification for Chemical Admixtures for Concrete
The ASTM C494 specification covers materials for use as chemical admixtures to be added to hydraulic-cement concrete mixtures for the purpose or purposes indicated for the eight types as follows:
- Type A – Water-reducing admixtures
- Type B – Retarding admixtures
- Type C – Accelerating admixtures
- Type D – Water-reducing and retarding admixtures
- Type E – Water-reducing and accelerating admixtures
- Type F – Water-reducing, high range admixtures
- Type G – Water-reducing, high range, and retarding admixtures
- Type S – Specific performance admixtures
accelerating; chemical admixtures; concrete; physical requirements; retarding; specific performance; testing; water reducing
ASTM C494 Accredited Laboratory
Applied Testing & Geosciences, LLC is accredited for performing tests using the ASTM C494 standard.
Contact us for more information.